Current Available Positons
Maintenance Facilities Manager
Maintenance Facilities Manager
- Manage and oversea the activities of the Maintenance Department / Skilled Trades and organize equipment & manpower requirements to support business efforts in an industrial automotive environment which includes plastic injection molding, assembly and paint facility equipment
- Review and analyze the data on all maintenance activities such as optimization of uptime and reduction of downtime to identify improvement opportunities
- Organize equipment and manpower to meet the preventive maintenance schedule and coordinate the repair and maintenance activities for all plant equipment and the facility.
- Ensure that all personnel are working in compliance with OSHA regulations and all relevant health and safety & environmental legislation.
- Be an example to all employees in all areas of the business through demonstrated professionalism and the ability to make accurate and timely decisions
- Responsible to hire and oversea outside contractors and subcontractors (as necessary), which may include all facility cleaning requirements (inside and out) as directed
- Identify and procure recommended spare parts.
- Support Manufacturing Engineers on developing preventative maintenance plans and equipment standards.
- Actively participate in procurement of new equipment and equipment design review.
- Verify preventive maintenance compliance and spare parts inventory.
- Direct and schedule employees to support shift structure and work assignments.
- Conduct daily/weekly CMMS entries and review with maintenance staff.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of maintenance staff.
- Oversee the apprenticeship program.
- Drive continuous improvement to support OEE, IPPM, scrap, downtime and other lean manufacturing metrics.
- Meet company requirements for annual completion of all subordinates performance evaluations or performance discussions
- Provide information as required for monthly reporting statistics
- Maintain all reports and / or forms for maintenance department following current ISO/TS 16949 or ISO 14001 standards
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures.
- During management system audit events provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary
- Responsible for upholding all lift truck safety requirements and may include being a designated trainer (if required)
- Promote an atmosphere of team work at all times
- Ensure that a clean and safe work environment is always maintain
- Complete any other duties as assigned
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available for each department including training, safety requirements, personnel, work instructions, procedures, and related tools.
- Assist in any way to any employee, necessary to promote a successful operation emphasizing customer satisfaction
- Directs supervisors in maintaining positive employee relations and safe work environment
- Ensure that all employees receive proper training and understand all job tasks
Up to $25 hr + benefits
Day shift 730am to 330pm while training (3 months) – then rotational days/aft
-Troubleshoot, repair and conduct preventive maintenance tasks on Injection Molding machines, auxiliary equipment, production equipment as well as facility maintenance.
- Troubleshoot injection molding machines, hot oil units, thermolators, dryers, mixers, material grinders, overhead cranes, hydraulic systems, electrical controls, lightings reamers, etc. • Inspect, maintain and repair facility equipment.
- Ensure machinery is in working order and tools used are safe and in good working condition.
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair Electrical, Hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC control systems.
- Contribute to plant cost reduction effort and reduce downtime.
- Plan and layout work assignments from blueprints, sketches, drawings, or verbal instruction.
- Install equipment and structures according to manufacturer instructions.
- Operate forklift and lifting devices safely when performing tasks as required.
- Update and record work schedule, generate new work orders and navigate work order history with Hydra software daily.
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- Able to follow instructions and directions diligently
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate effectively with all departments
- Strong time management, organizational and attention to detail skills
- High School Diploma
- 5 years experience in repairing Injection Molding Machines and Auxiliary equipment
- Trade License an asset (Industrial Electrician, Millwright)
- Must be able to read Hydraulic and electrical prints
Intermediate Design & Drafting Technologist
90 minutes north of Toronto, ON
Group Insurance Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision Care, Life)
- -Preparation of architectural, structural and solar engineering design and working drawings
- Projects include; single to multi-family residential renovations, decks, garages, boathouses, small modular homes to large modular camps, structural slabs, small to mid-sized commercial buildings, custom framing details, solar PV roof top and ground mount systems.
- Develop and prepare conceptual design drawings and sketches
- Examine drawings for conformity and errors
- Periodically assisting with on-site reviews for solar projects to collect site measurements and structural information with our field services crew
- Attending site meetings, providing site reviews & shop drawings
- Liaising with clients, consultants and municipal officials as required throughout the design and construction process
- Completion of projects within established timelines and budgets
- Provide technical support to intern and/or junior technicians and technologists
- Assist the senior management team to meet client goals and ensure client satisfaction
- Working in a fast paced environment, balancing several projects, under tight deadlines
Projects would include: solar design (roof tops), single to multi-family residential, renovations, decks, garages, boathouses, small modular homes to structural slabs, small to mid-sized commercial buildings, custom framing details.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is mandatory, Revit is an asset
- Competency with OBC & successful completion of BCIN examinations
- Knowledge of construction detailing for variety of building systems and types
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, a person who takes pride in the quality of their work
- Valid driver’s license, hard hat, work boots
Technical Outside Sales Representative
Technical Outside Sales Representative
Southwestern Ontario based company – work from your home office, can be located within Canada or the US
Base salary + commisssion
Vehicle allowance, Cell phone and laptop
Specializes in large & medium precision milling and boring machining. We provide the expertise in high precision, custom machining of large scale castings and assemblies to a wide variety of industrial end-users in the rail equipment, mining, wind, power generation, military and oil & gas distribution sectors.
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for proactively developing / nurturing new customer relationship and obtaining sales leads in order to continually grow a well-respected organization in the machining industry. Must be an experienced professional with strong sales and technical ability. Must have in-depth industry knowledge and valuable contacts with companies which regularly require machining equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical sales for a machining company or in-depth industry knowledge and valuable contacts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good negotiation and account navigation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work well with customers, and develop new business opportunities
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet all deadlines
- Ability to foster teamwork and partnerships
- Strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- Understanding of machining advantage
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Computer and typing skills
Set-up Technicians (injection molding)
Set-Up Technicians (injection molding)
Fulltime Permanent, several opportunities in the Eastern Great Toronto Area.
– Set-up tooling and start-up process competently and safely.
– Operate all required machinery or equipment in the most efficient way.
– Set up complete tooling assembly on designated machines
– Ensure that all machine set-ups/start-ups are in accordance with the company and relevant quality standards before turning over to production.
– Monitor quality of output during set-up or start-up, and take appropriate action, including shutdown of process, to prevent or limit faulty set-ups.
– Conduct and assists others in conducting investigations to determine causes of quality defects and take corrective action. Inform superiors when it appears that assigned goal cannot be met.
Tooling Coordinator (injection molding)
Tooling Coordinator (injection molding) – fulltime permanent – Woodstock area
Provide tooling and part feasibility for new and existing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
-Prepares RFQ’s and reviews quotes for new programs and engineering changes
-Prepares and maintains quote summaries for each program
-Involved in the analysis of technical data (drawings, data, and sketch, etc.)
-Provides insight into manufacturability of products based on drawing or design
-Offers feedback to customers and offers suggestions on the design change in order to improve part feasibility
-Prepares/analyzes tooling cost breakdowns
-Establishes target pricing for tool shops and negotiates final price
-Prepares tooling specs and data for kick-off and ECI’s
-Conducts tooling design reviews to ensure cost and quality requirements are met
-Schedules and attends tooling trials
-Qualifies tooling is ready for production
-Develops and maintains company Moldflow procedures, Injection Mold Design and Build Standards
-Works with production to troubleshoot tooling issues
-Project management of new tools and engineering changes.
Mechanical Designer (industrial automation) fulltime permanent -Chatham-Kent area
Automation, Robotics, Machinery and components
-Operate computer-assisted design system;
-Read blueprints; Prepare engineering design, drawings and specifications;
-Assist in preparing design, drawings and specifications, SolidWorks, EPDM, Microsoft Office.
-Must work well in a team environment,
-Must have strong attention to detail,
-Must have Excellent Oral and Written English Skills
Lead Engineer –(injection molding) fulltime permanent – Michigan, USA
-Strong experience in the design of plastic interior / exterior parts and assemblies.
-Knowledge of Door Trim would be a great asset.
-Must be proficient with Catia V5, Class “A” surface modeling
-Be able to lead and mentor a team of 10 designers.
” Highlight to senior company team members future new business opportunities as a results of customer communication or conversation.
” Be compliant with customer design processes and procedures so we always maximize company’s customer support.
” Support or Lead the product design process with the customer engineering department and design teams, thus ensuring compliance with the necessary quality and performance specifications.
” Mentor and lead by example the design engineering team in its growth and technical development.
” Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demands, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects in conjunction with the engineering manager.
” Support the budgets, bids and contract review process.
” Promote and develop a procedure driven engineering department.
” Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports.
” Support the engineering manager in recruitment of new team members, assign, direct and evaluate their work, ensuring they have the resources to complete all task, and develop the team
” Support or Lead reviewing the departments resources related to equipment and tools (CAD, testing, prototype, etc.) ensuring compliance with company and Customer
Machine Builder/Tool Maker
Machine Builder/Tool Maker – fulltime permanent “afternoon shift”– Windsor, ON
. This position is responsible for the building of tools and machines to exact specifications.
-Design, develop and build components and machines to blueprint specification.
-Read and interpret complex engineering drawings, schematics, and machine-tool building assembly documentation.
-Build precision in-process tooling, machine-tool parts and components using conventional and numerically controlled metal-cutting machines and equipment including saws, drills, grinders, lathes and mills.
-Design, devise, and detail assembly plans for the machine-tool building process.
-Assemble and integrate sub-assemblies into the main assembly of stand-alone machine-tools.
-Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
– Secondary School Diploma
– Machine operating experience
– Trade status – Tool & Die, General Machinist, an asset
Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker – fulltime permanent – North of Orangevile
Must be flexible to work day and afternoon shifts
-To ensure repairs, and to maintenance of all operating dies and transfer systems to support production requirements.
-To make, repair, maintain and modify custom made proto-type or special tools, dies, jigs, transfer systems and fixtures.
-Trouble shooting of transfer and die issues while in production.
-To perform preventative maintenance on dies and record information accordingly to meet PM schedules.
-To ensure that the assigned task is performed safely, efficiently and in an organized manner in accordance with plant rules and production schedules
-Commitment to continuous improvement, both in tools and processes
-Good interpersonal skills and results oriented
-Excellent attitude towards safety, housekeeping, company policies and fellow employees
-TS 16949 and ISO 14001 awareness and adherence
-Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts awareness and adherence
-Other duties as may be assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Licensed Tool & Die maker
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks related to Tool & Die
- Work in a timely manner while maintaining quality standards
- A working knowledge (written & verbal) of both English and Mathematics
-Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job
-Straight shifts (day and afternoons)
-Proficient in the use of all Tool room equipment and related measuring equipment
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication skills and would be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Define concepts and designs for new packaging schemes throughout the organization.
- Perform new program development regarding packaging concepts and process flow
- Validate new programs packaging design proposal and track seamless implementation.
- Manage supplier(s) with new containers (both returnable and expendable).
- Support the plants as required with packaging issues relating to daily activities, as well as launch issues.
- Implement and monitor a preventative maintenance program for all returnable product.
- Provide input on packaging concepts and proper packaging systems within program value stream.
- Supports all new job run at rates and PPAP requirements.
- Attend PDT meetings as required at customer sites.
- Support at customer location when required during launch.
- Provide input on assembly line / cell concepts and builds.
- Develop a database for internal WIP packaging and customer bins
- Catalogue existing packaging and bins
- Design existing packaging in Solid Works
- Design new packaging proposals for WIP Packaging in Solid Works
Industrial Wastewater Treatment Operator
Operator Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform laboratory testing on different treatment process stages. Close monitoring of these stages is critical to maintaining proper pH levels. Laboratory tests include; colorimetric COD, TSS, pH.
- Knowledge of operational parameters and treatment process, mechanics and hydraulics of the wastewater treatment system.
- Monitor gauges, meters and control valves related to process flow, chemical dosage, and effluent.
- Observe operating conditions, troubleshoot, make calculations, and corrective adjustments as needed.
- Start and stop pumps to control and adjust flow and treatment.
- Open and close valves and gates, done manually and by remote control via SCADA system.
- Maintain laboratory equipment, system pH probes, chemical feed pumps, influent and effluent samplers.
- Understand the City sewer by-law and other environmental legislation.
- Off load of centrifuge waste oil, and sludge pit contents.
- Data entry, report writing and trending, maintain logs, make entries into such logs/records including; meter and gauge readings.
- Communication with co-workers, maintenance personnel, Environmental Coordinators, H&S representatives, and Ministry of Environment officials.
- Cleaning and good housekeeping practices.